Anxiety Sweating

This is meditation in action. Pure and simple. How do we take that new-found quality of calm, clear awareness from our meditation and apply it to everyday life? It might be to improve our sense of performance, satisfaction, fulfilment, or even to reduce the feelings of discomfort for a medical condition. Whatever the reason, here’s where you can share your thoughts.

Anxiety Sweating

by JoshSparkes » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:54 am

Hi Headspacers

I developed anxiety a few years back and the worst symptom for myself is a heat rush followed by forehead sweating which is pretty embarressing.

Headspace has been the first thing in years that has helped after various attempts and I can now just take my mind off the anxious thought and the heat will stop within a few seconds if I focus on something else.

1. Is this using meditation in everyday life?

When I'm out in the sun in a social situation however, I'll get this thought as soon as the sun hits my face of: "is my forehead sweaty?" or "I'm warming up I'm going to start sweating", this in turn will start the sweats!!

Yesterday I tested being out in the sun and really being aware of everything else; the green grass, buildings, animals, as soon as that ^ anxious thought came on, and it did help for the most part, but it was so difficult! More difficult than just letting go of chatter!

2. Will this get easier if I get out and practise like this more often?