Mindfulness and moving away from home

This is meditation in action. Pure and simple. How do we take that new-found quality of calm, clear awareness from our meditation and apply it to everyday life? It might be to improve our sense of performance, satisfaction, fulfilment, or even to reduce the feelings of discomfort for a medical condition. Whatever the reason, here’s where you can share your thoughts.

Mindfulness and moving away from home

by meditator-O4F09H » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:31 am

So Ive been using headspace for about six months now (and I love it!) and found it was a massive help with exam stress, but since finishing college I haven't felt as stressed and have got out of the habit of meditating. Last week I got the amazing news that I've got into the uni that I wanted and I'll be moving in just a few weeks. However, even though I know I should be excited, I just feel stressed out and keep worrying about it all; when should I start packing? If I leave my job early, will I have enough money to get by? Is the course content going to be too hard? Will people like me? How will my relationship fair when I move?... You get the idea.
So i just want to know how I can apply the mindfulness that I've been learning to calm myself down and make going to uni a more enjoyable and less stressful experience.
Thanks!