Journaling

This is meditation in action. Pure and simple. How do we take that new-found quality of calm, clear awareness from our meditation and apply it to everyday life? It might be to improve our sense of performance, satisfaction, fulfilment, or even to reduce the feelings of discomfort for a medical condition. Whatever the reason, here’s where you can share your thoughts.

Journaling

by TGMondos » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:54 am

Hi

I have been meditating now for about 19 months and I have to say that the journey has been an up and down ride. A roller-coaster of fear, doubt, consistency, inconsistency, grasping and aversion. All of which has centred around a number of key elements that have cemented themselves in place over a long period of time and are proving tough to soften. It's a bit like a fat-burg in a sewer, solid and apparently immovable but slowly being melted and shifting.

In order to keep this momentum going I would like to keep a track of what has been achieved, what comes up and give myself a record of the journey to give s sense of progression. I see journalling as a method of capture.

I wonder if anyone has tips on how best to approach this.

Do I do it during meditation?
Do I do it after every sitting?
Do I go into a sitting without a 'theme' for the sit?
Do I go in with a theme?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

J