Forgetting to be mindful

This is meditation in action. Pure and simple. How do we take that new-found quality of calm, clear awareness from our meditation and apply it to everyday life? It might be to improve our sense of performance, satisfaction, fulfilment, or even to reduce the feelings of discomfort for a medical condition. Whatever the reason, here’s where you can share your thoughts.

Forgetting to be mindful

by meditator-a0b25097bc » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi
I've managed to make meditation a habit - I use my app every morning before I get up. The problem is I'm really struggling to take it with me during my day. I set out with the best intentions to be mindful but as soon as I get to work, which is a stressful environment (and the place I most need to be mindful), I seem to instantly forget my intentions and revert to habitual bad coping methods. At the end of the day, I look back and wonder what happened.
I use the mindful reminders on my phone but they get lost in the midst of work pressures. How can I remember to be mindful when stress strikes and change unhealthy habits?
Any advice gratefully received!
Last edited by meditator-a0b25097bc on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.