Nausea during meditation?

As an idea, meditation is incredibly simple, but in practice it can be rather more challenging. Obstacles are common and it’s important that we feel comfortable and confident with that, knowing that others are experiencing just the same thing. So, if you have a question or a reflection about the exercise itself or any element of practice, this is the place to go.

Nausea during meditation?

by TheSeaBaron » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi!

Searched the forums to make sure I'm not posting anything that's been covered.

So far I'm enjoying my practice, I feel like I'm coming around a corner, and the benefits are manifest. Family is happier with me, I'm less quick to get irritated, and I'm generally much more contented through the day.

However...

There have been a few occasions (4-5 times?) during my meditations, typically towards the later half of a twenty minute session, where I get a overwhelming sense of nausea. if I'm lucky, it'll recede on it's own course. but today, it hit me like a ton of bricks, causing me to pause the meditation to reclaim my senses and to keep from barfing on the floor.

Yeah, I know, sexy.

Anyone know if this is common? Happening to anyone else? Any reason this may be happening? It isn't deterring me from continuing, but I would love if it didn't happen anymore. Any experiences/stories/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!