The Body Scan (Sleep Series)

As an idea, meditation is incredibly simple, but in practice it can be rather more challenging. Obstacles are common and it’s important that we feel comfortable and confident with that, knowing that others are experiencing just the same thing. So, if you have a question or a reflection about the exercise itself or any element of practice, this is the place to go.

The Body Scan (Sleep Series)

by Davyboy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:49 am

Does anyone have any tips for the Body Scan in the Sleep Series? I'm referring to the longer one towards the end of the meditation. I am having a very difficult time noticing any sensations or tightness. Sometimes it feels as though all of my body is comfortable. I think I need a little more guidance in this one. I tend to get sleepy during it and am having a hard time staying focussed. I just finished the stress pack and the visualization exercise was very, very engaging. I'm having a difficult time adjusting because I think the body scan is so passive, you are supposed to just notice sensations, not visualize anything. Any Tips?