My first thoughts

As an idea, meditation is incredibly simple, but in practice it can be rather more challenging. Obstacles are common and it’s important that we feel comfortable and confident with that, knowing that others are experiencing just the same thing. So, if you have a question or a reflection about the exercise itself or any element of practice, this is the place to go.

My first thoughts

by meditators-stone » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:38 pm

One might say that I'm an experienced meditator but yes, two days ago I heard about this system and decided to take a look. So I've only gone through the first two baby steps and here's my feedback, not really questions.

First of all as a Finn English is not my native language. I've listened to the sessions with headphones on, the voice is very pleasant but no, the words don't totally hit the chords of my mind. :-) So a localisation of the program might be a good idea - and of course Finnish speaking people are quite a small market to target...

Secondly guided relaxations on the floor guided by someone else than me have usually made me fall asleep. OK, I was sitting, but somehow the guidance bothers me.

Thirdly when we get to counting the breaths, I really want to do that in Finnish but the problem is that the words for numbers are either very long or even when short with very sharp syllables. :-) So for me - and what I have done before - it would work better to count the breaths like first part inhale, second part exhale. But I've followed the instructions and managed quite well so far. :-)

Also already the first session mentioned that one can sit on a chair or on the floor and as the latter has been natural for me always, I mean already as a kid or as a teenager, in 1987 I started to sit in full lotus and when you sit in full lotus you really don't feel your soles on the floor, they are towards the ceiling. And in the second session the sitting on the floor was mentioned only once and the feeling in the soles quite a few times! :-)