meditation becoming more difficult

The way we approach our meditation will reflect the way we approach life. There are so many misconceptions about what meditation is, or isn’t, and what we’re supposed to be doing, or not doing, whilst sitting with our eyes closed. So this is the place to discuss our view, our attitude and motivations - how and why we’re getting some Headspace.

meditation becoming more difficult

by Headspace » Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 pm

I am half way through take 20 and am starting to find the meditation more difficult. In 10 and 15 I found that I was able to relax into the meditation and found focusing on the breath relatively easy. My mind seemed to be clear and I had very few problems with focusing. But now, doing 20 I'm finding that I am having to fight to stay focused. I know that this is not what I supposed to do but I don't seem to be able to help it. My mind wanders off into some vague place that it not necessarily full of thoughts but just a kind of vague shutting down, or as though there is a wall between me and my awareness of my breath. Towards the end I notice my eyes are starting to screw up and lights are appearing in my head. How can I stop this? How can I let go and gently, not forcefully, come back to the breath?

Next