My Liquid Sunlight Breakthrough!

The way we approach our meditation will reflect the way we approach life. There are so many misconceptions about what meditation is, or isn’t, and what we’re supposed to be doing, or not doing, whilst sitting with our eyes closed. So this is the place to discuss our view, our attitude and motivations - how and why we’re getting some Headspace.

My Liquid Sunlight Breakthrough!

by Laurie-95DT4C » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:07 pm

I think I may have experienced my own breakthrough on the liquid sunlight which actually worked for me. One day I was in my car in a parking lot with some time to spare during the middle of the day. I decided to meditate with my Headspace App on my phone right there instead of at home later in the evening. It was very bright outside and my legs were getting warm from the sunlight beating in through the windshield. So I focused on that sensation and imagined that same sensation beginning with my toes and feet, moving upwards like where I was feeling it on on my thighs.

I actually felt a relaxing, warm, & tingling sensation from the bottom of my toes all the way up to my head all over my body. I was able to maintain that sensation during my entire meditation session. I imagined that my body melted in with with air and space around me. The best part was that I wasn't hung up on my breathing which often times frustrates me because it seems like I am regulating my breathing because I am thinking about it. But the liquid sunlight was my main focus this time.

When my session was over, I felt like jelly and was very relaxed. I don't think that if I had not felt the sun beating through the windshield onto my legs, I wouldn't have made the mental connection.