Blue sky

The way we approach our meditation will reflect the way we approach life. There are so many misconceptions about what meditation is, or isn’t, and what we’re supposed to be doing, or not doing, whilst sitting with our eyes closed. So this is the place to discuss our view, our attitude and motivations - how and why we’re getting some Headspace.

Blue sky

by meditator-3BYQK1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:25 am

Has anyone experienced the blue sky Andy talks about? About 6 months ago I had an experience which lasted about a week in which I found myself in this amazing place where I was able to witness all my thoughts and feelings as being separate from myself and just let them come and go with no effort whatsoever. I was completely relaxed all of the time and became fascinated with what was going on around me. I became fascinated with what was happening in the news and read the papers everyday. I think I had found the blue sky. But then i could not meditate for about 2 or 3 days, I can't remember why and completely lost this place and I have not been able to get back there again. I have been meditating now for about 4 years and I keep wondering whether to carry on. I don't know whether I will ever experience the blue sky again. Does there come a point where you just have to give up because the process is never really going to work for you?