Has mindfulness lost that loving feeling?

The way we approach our meditation will reflect the way we approach life. There are so many misconceptions about what meditation is, or isn’t, and what we’re supposed to be doing, or not doing, whilst sitting with our eyes closed. So this is the place to discuss our view, our attitude and motivations - how and why we’re getting some Headspace.

Has mindfulness lost that loving feeling?

by Onthe1 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:35 pm

The headspace app has been very useful for me however there is one aspect that I find slightly uncomfortable and it’s the distinct lack of references to love and loving kindness. The relationship pack goes all around it but sometimes, it seems to me, quite obviously avoids using the terms. My question is why?

Having talked to a couple of friends about it they think that in leaving out love and loving kindness mindfulness generally and Headspace in particular, is ensuring a clear difference from religion which will provide reassurance for those of us weary of organised religion. Whilst I see separateness from religion and religious concepts as a valid point, I don’t see love as a specifically Buddhist or religious concept and I wonder what others think.