Anxiety and living alone

Here’s an opportunity to share your own Headspace Journey with the rest of the community. Maybe it’s changed your own life or maybe it’s changed the lives of those around you. We’d love to hear about your own stories, the trials and tribulations of learning meditation and your experiences of applying that to everyday life. Let us know your thoughts.

Anxiety and living alone

by meditator-H1C2J4 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:07 pm

By this I don't mean anxiety about living alone - many people are very happy to live this way and I'm one of them! But I believe there can be a drawback:

In the Anxiety pack, I can really identify with the idea of the thoughts fuelling emotions, which themselves cause physical feelings which then reinforce the thoughts in a sort of self-destructive circle (think I've got that right...) I can definitely see this happening in myself and it is an old, old habit. It also seems to be a habit which is much easier to slip into when I'm alone - which is a lot of the time. Being in the presence of other people appears to provide a distraction and breaks the circle before it even gets started. We don't even have to be discussing a subject which might be a source of anxiety - just any old day-to-day stuff seems to work. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?