Alone with my new routine

Here’s an opportunity to share your own Headspace Journey with the rest of the community. Maybe it’s changed your own life or maybe it’s changed the lives of those around you. We’d love to hear about your own stories, the trials and tribulations of learning meditation and your experiences of applying that to everyday life. Let us know your thoughts.

Alone with my new routine

by Karen's Meditation » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Hello beautiful people!

So thanks to the Headspace App I've started to meditate and after just a short period of time of daily meditation I can already feel the changes and it's wonderful. I feel a lot more comfortable in mind and body and it has changed my life for the better.
Curious to learn more about meditation I was listening to an interview with Andy when my dad came into my room and asked what I was doing. I told him what I was listening to and he rolled his eyes. Even though they don't say it directly and can tell from signs and body language that my family finds my new routine a bit stupid and pointless. I get the same reactions from my very best friend and to be honest it takes on me.
I've discovered this great new thing and I feel so alone with it. I don't have anybody to discuss it with, to share my experience with. Not if I want serious responses and I was wondering if anyone is going through something similar and maybe have some advice.

Love,
Karen